In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 3 and Housework is dangerous

I was planning to do some finish-finishing today.

But first, I thought I'd better put on my Domestic Diva persona and corral the dust hippos before they took over the zoo.

I had bent down to dust the bottom shelf of one of the bookcases, muttering all the time about why in the world we had so many bookcases (because we have so many books, obviously). When I tried to straighten up, my back decided it wanted to stay where it was.

I finally managed to get myself sem-vertical and tottered back to my chair. At last, I gave in and took a muscle relaxer. At one point I was watching a documentary on the "lost" pyramid in Egypt. When I drifted back into awareness, there was something on alien-built pyramids in China. I had a moment of confusion, then realized the History Channel had lost its programming mind again.

I did get my hour on Abigail Davis 1820 (aka the Pandemic Project) stitched before I decided to dust, and this is where I am as of today:


Here's a close-up of the dividing band:


Cross-stitch over two takes much less time than letters worked in cross-stitch over one.

However, I do not believe there will be any more stitching today.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your back is doing much better! Pretty pandemic project!

    ReplyDelete