In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Christmas in July

This lovely little dude came to live with me last week:


This is Rachael Kinnison's 2019 Limited Edition Christmas Ornament, The Ort King.

The directions are wonderfully complete and detailed--and you can hear Rachael's voice in her instructions. The materials are lovely and include my favorite Soie de Paris colors. And there are some unique trims and materials that truly make this a limited edition.

And it is a limited edition. Once it's gone, it's gone. There are a few kits left at Rachael's Diamond K Folk Art site, so if you're interested, you may want to go right over.

***********************************************************************************************

And on to other things.

Like this poor, neglected blog.

I blame the weather.

It's hotter than the hinges of Hades.

Not that I would know about that personally, but it's hotter than I imagine they would be.

Believe me when I tell you that I stay in the AC as much as possible, and there are fans running as well just to keep the air moving. However, the air just feels heavy from the humidity. We have not only heat in this part of the world, we also have steam. Steamy air. Air you can practically see and can definitely feel.

I take my daily constitutional at 6 in the morning, and it's humid then.  It is just wearing me down. I thought it might be my age and relative decrepitude, but Baby Girl is having the same reaction. She is 30+ years younger and a gym rat, so she should be able to withstand it.

It is affecting my life in a number of ways. I trudge out to the car, which has been sitting on an asphalt parking lot all day, drive home, and trudge inside, where all I want to do is take a cool shower and put on as few garments as possible. This means that social life has vanished--but then, our friends don't want to do anything either.

And I have not been stitching very much for the last couple of weeks. This is most unusual, and it does not do my stress level any good at all.

That's the same stress level that is caused by the heat.

I'm thinking of moving to Antarctica.


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Antarctica. I'll come visit you, but personally I'd rather go north. Spent most of my life in the DC suburbs where the summer forecast, day after day, reads hazy sunshine, hot and humid. I certainly relate to the trudging and to evening collapse mode.

    Hope you have the oomph to stitch soon. Maybe if you keep looking at the photo of that adorable Ort King nutcracker guy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great new kit.
    It's been hot here too in the UK ,I use to love the heat ,but not now that's why I love Spring so much .
    A small tip use talc on your hands when stitching it helps and smells nice.
    Keep cool and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely limited edition ornament that came to live at your house! It is hot and humid here and the weatherman had the audacity to say that 90 plus 75% humidity (this down from 80%) was comfortable. Sorry that is not comfortable. Here is to cooler and comfortable conditions soon!

    ReplyDelete