In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy Fourth!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Fourth in the way that makes you happy!

I am following my traditional Fourth. I am inside, in the AC, watching a documentary on The Revolution, and stitching.

And, as of today, this is where I am on Frances Burwell:


I was going to work each chamber completely before going on to the next, but I discovered last night that it was very, very difficult to see the pale green silk thread against the cream-colored linen under artificial light. So, my goal today was to get the outlines for the big flowers stitched while I had daylight.

I did--but it wasn't easy. We've had cloudy skies off and on.  And, of course, the minute I finished off the last thread, the clouds dissipated and the sun is shining brightly.

I believe I'll stitch a little cream thread onto the cream linen while I can.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny about the sunshine and clouds. I hope you were able to get in some of the cream thread before the sun disappeared. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My being so behind on reading and trying to catch up in good sized chunks compresses time, but even accounting for that you've gotten the foundation vine for this band put in really fast! And of course it looks perfect!

    Curious - do you baste down the sides for a large band sampler like Frances?

    ReplyDelete