In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

All in All, a good week

Despite a raging sinus headache which turned out to be a sinus infection that also invaded an ear causing a little lightheadedness and vertigo--this has been a pretty good week.

I fixed my mistake on Fragrant Fragaria:


The dive bombing birds are still two threads too low but I can live with that.  The embroidery for the needle roll is now complete and on to the next part. (After I get back home, more about that later.)

Monday was Good Mail Day.

It's always fun to get packages from Tricia Nguyen and Jackie du Plessis.  When packages from both arrive in one day, it's more like Christmas than Christmas!

Threads from Tricia:


Goodies from Jackie's Facebook sale:




(I may have gotten just a wee bit carried away.)

On Wednesday, while I was sitting in various medical offices being "worked in," I remembered where I just might have stashed a project I've been thinking about for a week or so. Not knowing exactly where it was has been like an itch you just can't quite reach. I was very happy to find it where I thought it might be when I got home. I was even happier when Dearly Beloved returned from the drugstore with the antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and anti-vertigo meds.

Especially since, after working half a day on Thursday, we embarked on phase one of a trip to Indiana.  Phase Two was yesterday. All day. (Don't ask about rain delays, construction delays, traffic delays, and I'm-not-sure-what-caused-them delays.)

I'm taking a class from Jackie this week-end, her Ode to Jane Austen. Assuming we can follow the directions to the meeting place, I'll be in my happy place in just about 90 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your class! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with Jackie....hope you're feeling well enough to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete