In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Ribbons and Roses

The first project in the rotation that I picked up was Gay Ann Rogers' Vintage Roses Heart, mainly because I wanted to work on something smaller than Mary Otter.

Here's where I was after 10 hours:


I took advantage of one of the loopholes in my rotation plan, and I finished the heart today!


Pardon the quality of the photo--it's shot under less than optimal conditions.

There's a big difference in finishing something in half a week as opposed to half a year--so I'm glad I chose this project to start.

I have to admit, it's finished more quickly than I anticipated.  I've had more time to stitch than I normally do during a work week. I have been somewhat indisposed.

Yesterday was my annual physical. A particular vaccination was strongly recommended for someone of my age and with my medical history. I agreed it was probably a good idea. I had an allergic reaction to the vaccine. I broke out in hives. I have never had hives before. I do not wish to ever have hives again.

So yesterday, last night, and part of today, I have been taking heavy duty antihistamines. This means that I have spent some time in the wing chair, dozing, watching episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and stitching when I could focus my eyes.

It is very surreal to doze off in the middle of one episode and wake up in the middle of another.

Luckily, the needlework did not seem to suffer. At least, I don't think it has.  Maybe I should look at the piece again tomorrow when, hopefully, I will be undrugged and clear-eyed.

3 comments:

  1. The heart is stunning. Sorry you had an adverse response to your vaccination! I hope you are clear-eyed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not wish to ever have hives again.
    Oh, I can echo you on that! Sorry you've had such a miserable time since that vaccination - ugh!

    You really zoomed through that heart, and it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the hives have gone their merry way. The heart is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete