In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

All the Way Around the Block

It has rained, off and on, all week-end.

The Olympics are on.

We hunkered down in front of the TV and I have stitched, so the strawberry vine is worked all the way around the sampler.


I thought about starting the little green leaves and stems and adding the strawberries next, but I have a long week ahead. We're implementing a new system at work and I know I have some overtime hours ahead. So I've decided to work on the bands of tent stitch below the house and lawn, which require very little sense and virtually no counting. After staring at a computer screen for hours and hours, I likely won't have enough functioning brain cells to count, so tent stitch it is.

I hope to do the rest of the band next week-end, then on to the fun motifs that fill that last part of the sampler.

I may have to start thinking about Life after Mary Otter.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks great! Sad that work is going to be rough on you for a while - it's so hard to do anything meaningful when you come home and your brain decides to not be present. I can't get over how fast you're stitching this piece especially considering all the bazillions of blades of grass and pebbles of dirt you've tent stitched.

    ReplyDelete