In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Yippee-Ki-Yay!

This lovely pink and green band marks the center of Mary Otter!


Now there is a rather large house with an even larger yard--and the yard is all over-one--to stitch.  I'm afraid it's going to take more time than the first half has, but I've decided not to think about it too much. After all, it's the bottom scene of the sampler that made me want to stitch it.

However, the rest of today is going to be devoted to preliminary Christmas decorating and preliminary packing. It's that time of the year--we're heading to Williamsburg so I can take classes with Catherine Theron (morning sampler class) and Jackie du Plessis (afternoon etui) at what I still call Christmas in Williamsburg although the new owners call it Annie's Needlework Festival. I'm not taking any early bird classes this year so that will give us a day to wander around the Historic District before the crowds that arrive for the Grand Illumination show up. I have a list of places I want to go.

And I've decided The Big Boot is going, too. My Achilles tendon is still acting up and I've decided to be proactive and protect it before I re-injure it further. Stupid Achilles tendon . . .

2 comments:

  1. The Sampler is looking wonderful! Have a great time in Williamsburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being half done. (ooooh, there's a house - I love samplers with houses!)

    Enjoy Christmas in Williamsburg! I hope to go one of these years ... though I'm a bit worried about the continuation of the event after getting the "second class is free" emails, which sounds like empty seats. :(

    ReplyDelete