In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Poor neglected blog

I feel like my blogging mojo has flown out of the window.

But it has been a little bit hectic around here . . .

The first quarter of Mary Otter is stitched!!!


The second quarter is all over one. I think it may take awhile to see much progress.

Then I spent some time in the dentist's chair getting my teeth cleaned AND a permanent crown installed, all on the same day. My jaw felt like it was unhinged. It still does, a little . . .

Then we had trouble with both cars, which is never a good thing for the budget . . .

And then we went to W Va for the week-end to help celebrate The Flash's ninth birthday. He had a tremendous birthday party and lots of goodies and he may come down from the excitement in about a  year when it's time for his next birthday.

However, we have discovered the trick for at least a temporary calming effect. We gave him a book. And like his parents and grandparents and Aunt Baby Girl, he can be mesmerized by the printed page. And he was.

And I am now going to bed very early since tomorrow is Monday and I need to rise and shine. And hopefully have a somewhat less active week.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a lot, eyelets, queens and so much over one. Praiseworthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary is looking lovely - the flower band is very pretty and just different enough to be interesting and attention grabbing.

    How wonderful that the Flash (um, grandson?) is mesmerized by books! Books are at the top of my list (tied with stitching) of the best ways to spend one's time.

    Hoping life will be a bit calmer for you this week. Sitting in a dental chair for too long is dismal - how's the jaw feeling till now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world needs all the readers it can get. Hooray for The Flash!

    ReplyDelete