In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Close but no cigar

I made plans for the week-end.

I was going to come home from work on Friday, start the laundry, and get the living room and kitchen in order. I was going to set Virgin Queen aside for a few days while I started the project I've been planning to stitch on my stay-cation.

I do not know why I bother to make any kind of plan for anything.

I came home from work on Friday, and Virgin Queen was just sitting by the chair--and we were allowed to leave early because of the long Fourth week-end, so I still had daylight--and I stitch best by daylight--so I thought I'd get a few stitches in before I started all the other stuff.

Forget the carefully crafted plans.

I got so much done Friday afternoon and evening that I thought I could surely finish the last panel and the scissor fob pieces on Saturday.

And I almost made it.


And a close-up of the center part, which is my very favorite part of the design--why did it have to be on the bottom?


I'm going to finish up the last bit of bargello and stitch the scissor fob pieces and then go back to the original plan.

Until something else comes along and changes the plan.

1 comment: