I picked Rebekah French up last night.
When last I worked on her, I had decided I probably didn't have enough silk to fill in the sawtooth border around her, and that I needed to order more. Since we don't have a shop nearby that carries AVAS, that meant I would need to add it to an online order. I didn't want to order it alone since I had a feeling that the shipping would cost as much as the silk, so I was going to add it to another order at some point.
I've placed two online orders since I made that decision.
I didn't remember to add the silk on either order.
Sigh. . .
Last night, my eyes were too tired to handle 40 count linen or white silk on white linen, so I was looking about for something else. And there was Rebekah.
The directions say to use two strands for the filling. Hmmmm, thought I, what I could do is work with one strand in the dye lot I currently have. Then, when I finally remember to order another skein, I could just go around again and add the second strand.
So I started.
And when I looked at it more closely, I realized that one strand was doing a very good job of filling in.
I thought perhaps I should try adding another strand just to see if it made a major difference.
The second strand made everything too tight and was distorting the linen--so out it came, and one strand it is!
I no longer need to remember to add this to a future order. This is probably a good thing, since I have enough things to remember at this time of the year.