In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Very Little Labor on Labor Day

After working on finishing all day Saturday, I decided not to ruin spend the rest of the holiday week-end with the sewing machine and a sharp needle.

So yesterday I caught up on the stack of magazines that's been piling up for a couple of months and read almost half of the most recent John Sandford thriller and put away the left over threads from Journey and Morning Has Broken and filed their instructions.

This morning I decided on the current Ellie Plan projects.

Monday: Fair Maiden's Work Bag and accessories


Tuesday:  Betsy Morgan's Toy Chest, starting with the Jack-in-the-Box


Wednesday is Joyce Lukomski's Cashmir, a blast from the past. I took this class from Joyce at ANG National in 2001, held in DC.  The day after I returned home from that seminar was 9/11, and needlework took a back seat for a bit. I ran across the kit a couple of weeks ago and decided it would be my next canvas piece.


Thursday is still Eve in the Garden.

The week-ends will continue to be free time, although I'm going to try to force myself to do some finishing one day a week-end until the finishing basket is empty. It's so full it's pushing the lid up and things are escaping. Before they take over the world, or at least my house, they need to be put together. Otherwise they may unite and form a new life form, and we've all seen enough scary movies to know we don't want that.

1 comment:

  1. Great projects lines up.
    The work bag looks interesting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete