In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, October 4, 2013

And where did the week go?

All I can say is that it didn't go quickly.

This week trudged along slowly. Veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy slowly.

It did occur to me that perhaps it is because I have had a needle in my hand . . . well . . .not at all.

There were some major domestic requirements that had to be handled.

There were over 200 pages in the last lesson of Part I of the Cabinet of Curiosities to download and print out and file away.

There was a Carolinas Sampler Guild meeting to prepare for--and due to an unfortunate accident befalling one of our members before the meeting, it was much more exciting (?) than planned. (She is OK and in good spirits, but we had a few scary moments. I'm very glad we have medical people who are members of our guild.)

Aside from CSG, it was not completely without a needlework-related event. I was thrilled to be able to obtain the kits for two of Debbie Stiehler's designs and they arrived this week.


It has been all I could do to keep myself from diving into the stretcher bar box, but I am firmly committed to completing a couple of projects before I allow myself to start either of these. And maybe while I'm working on something else, I can make up my mind which one to start first.

Do not suggest that I get them both going at the same time.

That thought has already crossed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment