In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eyes crossed over eyelets

That about sums up what I did yesterday.

Martha Edlin stitched an alphabet in eyelets, which meant that I had to stitch an alphabet in eyelets. Each letter was taking me 30-45 minutes to stitch and were about as boring as they could possibly be. So, after yesterday's trip to the farmers' market and reading of the morning newspaper and sorting of the laundry, I announced to Dearly Beloved that I was going to work on that $&!@#% alphabet until it was complete.

And it is.


(Sorry for the shadow--this has been yet another rainy, gray week-end and I've had no sunlight for photography. Not that daylight would help my photographic skills, but it'll serve as a reasonable excuse at the moment.)

I had a Warehouse 13 marathon on Syfy to listen to as I stitched and it was raining off and on, so I spent the entire day and long into the evening doing eyelets.  My shoulders and back started aching and  I progressed from a case of numb butt to P3 (Painful Posterior Paralysis). When the last stitch in "Z" was completed, I lurched out of the chair like an old lady (please ignore the fact that I could quite likely be defined as an old lady), staggered into the shower, and fell into bed.

Needless to say, a needle has not been threaded in this household today.  However, I have only one more alphabet and a small spot section to stitch and Martha will be ready for the framer. There is a finish coming in the very near future!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I look forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the eyelets are behind you. Now he push to the finish. She is an amazing sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing that alphabet. It was worth it!

    ReplyDelete