In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

And what did I do with the week?

Obviously, I did very little embroidery. Very little. A pathetic amount as a matter of fact.


I had good intentions. I had a work-related trip that was going to put me in a hotel room for two evenings. However, a coworker also went on this particular trip, and this person felt the need to socialize in the evenings . . .so I didn't have as much time to myself as anticipated.

And this after taking my Ott light so I could work on Ann Scutt, who has only this to show:


I had planned to get this rather wide band on Ann Scutt stitched while I was away, because once I was home, I knew that Martha Edlin would require my attention. But, alas, with trying to lower the mountain of paperwork that accumulated on my desk while I was away, this has been the extent of this week's progress on that front.


I need to dust and vacuum and clear up clutter and mop and do laundry today, but I think I'm going to ignore all that and stitch instead.  I think I'll be a much more pleasant person if I do.

Actually, it would probably be a good idea to do some laundry. Otherwise, we may have to go out to purchase unmentionables so we can get through the week. And that would take more time away from my needle than shifting things from washer to dryer as needed.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes! The every day, mundane tasks that hog our time. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the wash is done and that you are stitching away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all get weeks like that, work and housework do seem to get in the way of stitching time.

    ReplyDelete