In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Plugging Away

I'm still plugging away on a couple of projects that Need To Be Done.


This is where I am on Betsy Morgan's Casket.
 


And here I am on Remember Me.  One strand a day won't be enough. I'm going to have to work more strands each day to be ready for the finishing class. I'm having enough trouble stitching one strand a day.  Yes, I know that this is a voluntary occupation, but I am a first-born and we are terminally goal-oriented and like deadlines, even the ones we impose on ourselves. You'd think that knowing this, I could get over it. Not so much.

I have also been playing with motifs for the Casket class I'm taking from Tricia Nguyen.  At the moment I have about seven viable possibilities.  I had planned to stitch two caskets, not seven. Obviously something is going to have to be de-selected . . . but I like them all . . .

And I have one final observation for today which has nothing to do with needlework at all. I was slightly under the weather last week (about which no more needs to be said).  Why are the meds that are supposed to clear up a problem frequently more unpleasant than the actual illness?

3 comments:

  1. As a fellow first born, I second the terminally goal-oriented and liking deadlines...it's both a strength and a curse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. I know that you will get these finished in time. I hope that you are feeling better. Are you talking about prednisone or the antibiotics?? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete