In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sittin' with The Flash

Actually, there is very little sitting with The Flash around.

Dearly Beloved and I just fell in the door after spending the week-end with The Flash (aka our three-year-old grandson).  There is no stitching to report because, although I always take a project with me, there was no stitching done this week-end.

We did visit a festival in one of the state parks with The Flash and his parents and had a lovely time. Then we took The Flash home so the Parents could have a date night.

It has been decades--DECADES--since I had to bathe a wiggly little person, as well as handle tooth-brushing and pajama-putting-on and bedtime-story-telling.  However, The Flash was very helpful. letting me know when each step of the bedtime ritual should occur and when I was doing something incorrectly.  He was also very helpful in showing me how to turn off the music box in his toothbrush. Otherwise, we may all have gone slightly bonkers from the Thomas the Train Engine song.

And now I'm going to see if I can thread a needle and do a bit of embroidery before I fall asleep.

Quite possibly with said needle in my hand.


1 comment:

  1. Poor Ann! I am tired from just reading your post about The Flash ... lol! I hope you had a good night's sleep : )

    ReplyDelete