In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm dreaming of a white . . . Springtime?

For the last week, it seems that I have only used white threads.

I'm working on the whitework part of Time Well Spent.  I have white size 8 pearl, white size 12 pearl, and size 80 Dentelles.  After I started stitching, I discovered that there are three shades of white.

The OCD part of me is trying not to think about that.  I did go searching in the stash for both Anchor and DMC pearl cottons--and found that there were even more shades of white, even within the same brand and same color number.  Just goes to show that dye lots are indeed very, very different.

Then I started the Dresden whitework sampler from Shining Needle. More white.

Just for giggles, I compared the white floss to the white pearls and Dentelles. Guess what--yet another shade of white!

And I've been working on the framework for the door for Berkshire Revisited.

It's also white. White pearl cotton, size 5.

None of this photographs well at the moment. I think once more is worked in, and once I locate something blue to use as a backdrop, it will show up.

But until then, I will continue to stitch white. And more white. And even more white.

Until, it seems, all of my hair turns white.

No comments:

Post a Comment