In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Biting off more than I can chew . . .

And that's the story of my life.

This is what I'd like to accomplish today:

1.  Cut and press the pieces for the Hari-Kuyo Needlebook--and make a trip to the fabric store for the iron-on interfacing needed:


Aren't these colors just amazing?  And the kit was beautifully packaged--and the first lesson extremely well done, a nice mix between video and written material.

2.  Mount the fabric and do the first lesson on the Pansy needlepainting class from Tanja Berlin through Shining Needle:


Despite the sharp needle, I am so looking forward to doing this. For one thing, I have some ideas for one of the caskets I want to stitch in Tricia Wilson Nguyen's casket class, and the needlepainting practice will help. For another, I need to get out of my counted thread comfort zone on occasion. This should do it.

3.  And then I want to wash and press the linen for this since the second part of the class arrives in a couple of weeks and I have yet to stick a needle into it:

I have not completely lost my mind--I don't plan to start this today but I would like to have it ready. The design is all cross stitch, and there will be evenings when that is about all I can handle.  Assuming that I can handle counting, that is.  Hmmmm. . .

4.  And I want to get the silks sorted and the linen ironed and sewn to the scroll bars for this:

Sally Munro, the upcoming online class from The Essamplaire.  Not that I have the last few online classes from The Essamplaire completed, but if you don't start, you'll never finish. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5.  And then I'm going to go digging for some extra long scroll bars for this:


Ann Dale is truly big and beautiful.  I love the colors, I love the flowers she stitched, I love everything about this.  I would love to have a two-day work week and and five-day week-end in order to be able to stitch as much as I would like, but I have a number of years before that can happen.

I think I'm going to have to become extremely disciplined and set myself up a serious rotation system.  Or clone myself.  I'd like to have Calvin's transmogrifier (is anyone else a Calvin and Hobbs fan?  I SO miss those comics!) and have a well-behaved and industrious clone who goes to work and runs the vacuum cleaner and folds the laundry while I stitch and listen to old movies on TCM.

On with the day!

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I managed to do the basting and attaching edge extensions to the linen for Tricia's Glittering Nightcap course - and that's all I did!

    If you did even half of that you've got me feeling seriously outclassed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the pansy done but I did make it through everything else. Of course, the house is still dusty and un-vacuumed, a lot of the laundry is waiting to be folded and put away, and the dishwasher needs to be loaded. Sigh . . .there's always a trade-off!

      Delete
  2. Holy Smokes Ann! You are a busy woman. I'm psyched that my needlebook made it on your list.

    From a fellow over-biter, I believe that if we bite off more than we can chew that we'll probably eat more over time than if not...and we just might find some foods that we'd like to eat more of! Good luck with the list and I'm glad you're enjoying the lesson. The ironing prep doesn't really need to be done until Monday...if that helps ;)

    ReplyDelete