In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's been a lovely start to the New Year--we stayed in last night and saw the New Year in happily and quietly (Dearly Beloved on computer, me with needle in hand).

Today, Dearly Beloved is spending New Year's Day with what appears to be the start of a bad cold, so he has tottered back to bed.  I've been stitching--new start for the New Year is Mary Atwood from The Examplarery, although most of my time has been spent on a project we're doing in my EGA chapter as a long-term project, Time Well Spent from Sampler Cove.

I have thought about making resolutions and listing goals for finishes for the year.  I usually do.  After all this time, though, I've realized the resolutions have lasted about as long as it took me to write them down. So, this year, I'm simply going to state that I am going to find every spare moment I can and stitch during it.  That seems workable.

For the last week, I've tried to get some finish-finishing done and have two final pieces to show from 2011.

And here's the first one:


This is Berry, Berry, Very Small from Barbara Jackson, taught as one of the 2011 Celebration pieces at Jeanine's last year.

And, Ta-DA!

The Bluebird Needlecase!


The front cover, all spangled.


And the inside, with all those blankety-blank Nun stitch-edged pages! (Although now I admit it was worth it.)

I have tomorrow off and plan to dive back into the finishing basket.  And then I have a series of pilot pieces to stitch so I'm not sure how picture-heavy the next entries will be.  I can't really talk about any of those designs but I can say that they all make my little heart go pitty-pat and will make it VERY easy to keep my one New Year's resolution!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    Happy New Year!

    I love, love, love your New Year's Stitching Resolution and I'm going to update it as mine for this year. I just read it to DD and she is still chuckling. Especially since she's a stitcher and also knows about starting multiple projects.

    I still owe you an email and now that things are getting calmer (okay, stop laughing), I hope to catch up on emails this week. That is after I finish up the Christmas cards. Yes, I know but it's been a fun but challenging year!

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bluebird is lovely! And so is the strawberry. What a terrific way to start off the new year.

    ReplyDelete